Something We Were Never Meant to See

Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming, 1941. Photograph by Marion Post Wolcott. [Library of Congress]

 
I wrote my new book, Compliments of Hamilton and Sargent: A Story of Mystery and Tragedy on the Gilded Age Frontier, because of a photograph my mother found in her parents’ house after my grandmother died. 

... Thus began my journey down the rabbit hole and into the den of other people’s secrets that became the setting for my book. The secrets I uncovered soon involved more than just murder, suicide, baby-selling, and a founding father’s family. They also involved bigamy, blackmail, debt, rape, incest, guillotining, corpse-skinning, child abuse, mental illness, and (not to be outdone by any of that) elk-poaching.


OMG:  https://www.historynewsnetwork.org/article/something-we-were-never-meant-to-see

No comments:

Post a Comment

you got something to say... please say it



oh yeah...

oh yeah...