99% Invisible | Gimlet | jessica hopper#podcasts

What I Listened To

I’ve been playing catch-up with one of my favorite podcasts, 99% Invisible. A recent episode was about the effects of Operation National Sword, China’s initiative to essentially stop being the world’s trash dump, which has left nations scratching their heads while clutching their single-use plastic water bottles. What I loved most was listening to a replay of an older episode in the second half that touched on the strides of Taipei, Taiwan, which is literally cleaning up the city with musical refuse and recycling/compost trucks, binless systems, and the ownership citizens feel over their trash—almost no public garbage cans, people! They pocket that candy wrapper and take it home with them! The episode presents some great lessons we Americans can learn about our own attitude toward consumption.
via

Sandra

A world where artificial intelligence isn’t so artificial.

Helen thought her new job would help her forget her dreary hometown, but working behind the curtain on everyone’s favorite A.I. isn’t quite the escape she expected. via


jessica hopper 
Jessica Hopper is editor-in-chief of the Pitchfork Review and the author of The First Collection of Criticism by a Living Female Rock Critic.
“I have an agenda. You can’t read my writing and not know that I have a staunch fucking agenda at all times.”




Interview (Longform Podcast, 2015)
link

No comments:

Post a Comment

you got something to say... please say it



oh yeah...

oh yeah...