The Belle of Amherst


Cynthia Nixon plays the older Emily Dickinson, portraying her as multitudinous, assertive, rebellious, principled, shrill, demure, sensitive, coy, and vain.

MOVIE: The Blessing and Curse of Emily Dickinson’s Homebound World

I have not been to visit inside her homestead/castle in Amherst, not far from me, but I did like her poetry... BOOM!

 Part Two: Nature

XXIII



A BIRD came down the walk:
He did not know I saw;
He bit an angle-worm in halves
And ate the fellow, raw.
  
And then he drank a dew        5
From a convenient grass,
And then hopped sidewise to the wall
To let a beetle pass.
  
He glanced with rapid eyes
That hurried all abroad,—        10
They looked like frightened beads, I thought
He stirred his velvet head
  
Like one in danger; cautious,
I offered him a crumb,
And he unrolled his feathers        15
And rowed him softer home
  
Than oars divide the ocean,
Too silver for a seam,
Or butterflies, off banks of noon,
Leap, plashless, as they swim.        20

No comments:

Post a Comment

you got something to say... please say it



oh yeah...

oh yeah...