poetry rituals

OUT OF PRINT
I use a pen-name for poetry/prose/short story... (aka Laramie Harlow)

Writing Rituals

As for rituals, I recall writing a poem about my mixed-breed dog Bubbles when he died; I might have been 10 or 11 years old. 
I was grieving very very hard, crying and so miserable, I had no choice but to write something down. Honestly, after that, I knew (for me) writing was therapeutic. It’s was about the same time I started a diary/journal. 
Losing Bubbles was my first “serious” poem about death, losing my best friend, my dog. No one ever read that poem or any other lovesick poems that followed.
Actually I was a closet writer most of my life!

In the years that followed, I filled many cheap spiral notebooks with all kinds of poems, rants, quotes, other author’s poems, like Judy Garland and Lois Wyse  (http://www.poemhunter.com/lois-wyse/). Both ladies: remarkable poets!

(This was before blogs.)


OUT OF PRINT
It might be therapeutic to go back now and reread those old notebooks? Maybe, not.

 I'm always working on something, like a new chapbook Mental Midgets: Am I Supposed to Be Doing This?

Poetry book contributor:
TENDING THE FIRE 2017
IN THE VEINS 2017
POET'S SEAT 2017  FINALIST


No comments:

Post a Comment

you got something to say... please say it



oh yeah...

oh yeah...